For Your Child’s Well-Being
Coronavirus (Covid-19) Update
In response to the Coronavirus Pandemic, to optimize the safety and well-being of our patient population, we have made the following temporary changes:
- We are seeing well-child/physicals for children up to 4 months old only until further notice (please continue to check our Facebook, Instagram, and website for updates).
- We will still have Physicians and Nurses available via phone, portal, or telemedicine visit to answer any urgent medical questions any day from 9:00am-12:30pm.
- Portal messages are checked from 9:00am-5:00pm on weekdays.
- We continue to have an On-Call Physician available every evening and weekend.
- Walk-in hours are temporarily closed. If your child is experiencing fever, cough, or other respiratory symptoms please either call our office at 248-596-1000 or send a portal message so you can be screened by a nursing professional and next steps can be determined.
- If necessary, Curb-Side sick visits with a Physician at our office will be scheduled Monday-Friday 9:00am-12:30pm.
- We are now offering Telemedicine visits for ADHD/Med-checks, Behavioral Consults, Asthma Maintenance, Rashes, Lactation Consultations, and other Non-Urgent Sick Visits.
Please know we understand we are all in uncharted waters and this can be an incredibly stressful time. We are here to help. We will update you all with necessary information. Please feel free to contact our office via portal and/or phone call for any issues at 248-596-1000.
We hope everyone remains safe and healthy.
Board Certified Pediatricians in Novi, Michigan
Well-Being Pediatrics, formerly West Bloomfield Pediatrics, is dedicated to providing excellence in health care for infants, children and adolescents in an efficient and supportive manner. We strive to provide the same level of care that we would want for our own families.
NEW AT Well-Being PEDIATRICS
We are now consolidated into our Novi location which is in a state of the art, “stroller-friendly”, handicapped accessible medical building. In addition to regularly scheduled appointments, we now in addition have a 5 day a week walk-in clinic for established patients of all ages who are sick and sport/camp physicals for established patients 5-18yrs.
Our policy regarding Camp Forms has changed. In accordance with the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), Guidelines,in an effort to provide better patient care, we will perform Camp Physicals during which the appropriateness of camp’s program in regards to the patient will be discussed along with discussions of how to manage any pre-existing chronic problems and medication distribution while at camp. These will be performed on a Walk-In basis, no appointment is necessary. Please note, an Annual Well-Check Physical is required to have been performed within the last 12 months in order for a Camp Physical to be completed. $40 will be due at the time of service.
Under Michigan State Law, Sports Physicals for the 2018-2019 school year are required for any patient who has not had a physical after April 15, 2018. The exam will include Height, Weight, Blood Pressure, Heart Check, Hernia Exam (males), and Vision Exam. Growth and Development Disease Management will not be discussed nor will medications be refilled. These exams are only to provide the required information to fill out the applicable forms. Insurance cannot be billed and $40 will be due at the time of service.
We are on staff at William Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak, Providence Hospital in Southfield and Providence Park Hospital in Novi. We have non rounding privileges at Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital and Children’s Hospital of Michigan.
Messaging Physicians and Clinical Staff
Join the AthenaHealth Portal!
The Portal is a secure, encrypted HIPAA compliant mode of communication. It allows patients’ parents to communicate first hand with clinicians in our office. All communications from parents/patients and clinicians will immediately enter the patient’s chart insuring consistent and appropriate medical care. Just log-in to our patient portal and click messages.
All lab results and prescription requests will only be addressed via the Athena portal as of 11/1/17. The old AdvancedMD portal is closed.
In addition to communicating directly with clinical staff, other benefits of the patient portal include being able to view all care summaries from past visits, growth charts, schedule/cancel appointments, pay bills, etc.
You can also learn about common symptoms below…
Patient Centered Medical Home
We are honored to be a patient centered medical home.
The Patient Centered Medical Home is a care delivery model whereby patient treatment is coordinated through their primary care physician to ensure they receive the necessary care when and where they need it, in a manner they can understand.